Yummy scrummy in my tummy! Banana loaf is the best! I even had some for breakfast this morning (Yes naughty but it was too tempting!) I’m on a no excess sugar challenge at the moment, which basically is me trying not to eat chocolate, lollies, or excess sugars for all of February, which means this banana loaf has sugar substituted for Xylitol!
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of xylitol
3 mashed bananas
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
80g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180° Celcius/350° Farenheit
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, xylitol and baking soda
- Mash the bananas
- Melt the butter and add vanilla
- Beat the egg with a fork and add to butter mixture
- Then combine the bananas and butter mixture and mix well
- Make a well in the centre of your flour mixture and add the butter and banana mixture and stir well until fully incorporated
- Bake in oven for 1 hour! and Ta-Da! Sugar free banana loaf ready for scrumptious consumption!!
The only annoying thing about making banana loaf, is that it takes hardly anytime to make but then you have to wait an agonizing hour for it to be cooked! I just want it to ready straight away!
I usually just butter the bread but you could have yogurt, cream or anything to be honest! Or be fancy and add a cinnamon or walnut crunch topping!