Recently I’ve become addicted to baking! I’ve made so many muffins and banana breads and cupcakes I’ve lost count! Eating them all is the best part!
Today I made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing! Simple but cute and scrumptious! I even made the icing which I piped on and if you’ve seen my Instagram then you know I actually managed to ice one of them beautifully! Well that’s my opinion!
So if you want to recreate this sweet treat follow this no fail recipe!
1 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
Preheat oven to 180° celcius or 350° farenheit and line a muffin tray
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda in a large mixing bowl and put it aside
2. Cream egg and sugar into a light mixture
3. Soften butter and add to egg and sugar mixture (My butter looks like cheese…I assure you it is butter though! )
4. Cream butter, egg and sugar until light and fluffy
5. Add to flour mixture and beat until mixture is smooth and add to muffin tray
6. After 15-20 mins take out of the oven and hopefully they look something like this!
Now to make icing I usually like to use buttercream but I didnt have any…so i had to improvise!
1. Soften 2 Tbsp of butter and cream
2. Add 1cup icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy, add more icing sugar if needed
3. Add 1tsp of vanilla essence and beat until you have your desired consistency
If you have buttercream, beat in 1/2 cup before the vanilla essence!
Gather your cupcake decorations! and start icing your masterpieces!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful weekend! Use the #cupcakeswithhannah and share your cupcakes with me, I’d love to see them!